February 27, 2008

New add-on lens for macro shooting

IMG_1434.JPG - (click on the thumbnail for a larger image)


I'm getting used to my Raynox DCR-250 macro lens and wanted to share a shot here. I'm trying to find interesting things to shoot for a macro feature here so this is the first in what will be a semi-regular thing.

This is a hand held, non-cropped, full frame shot at 21x magnification with my Canon S3 IS. I'll reveal what this actually is after a few people take some guesses. As always, I'm using thickbox so you can click on the image for a larger view.

2 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Bread?

John said...

That's an excellent guess, David. Actually it's a sample of visco elastic "memory foam" used in so many luxury mattresses today. I brought the Raynox lens to work and just started snapping some pics of it to see what it looks like up close. I'm impressed with what the lens can do and I'm just getting my feet wet with it.

Thanks for visiting,

John