September 22, 2007

Ramblings

I played a $1.00 tournament on Bodog yesterday and finished in 4th place out of 148 players. While I didn't win life changing money it still feels great to get a good result and cash in a tournament. I can't say that my game has - all of a sudden - drastically improved, but I find myself concentrating more while I play. I think that's one of the biggest things I need to keep doing to improve my play. I'm finding that when I stay focused on the task at hand, whether it be pool or poker or even my job, I'm more successful.

This isn't any epiphany I recently discovered. I guess I've always known it, but for some reason it's starting to sink in. Part of that is reading Jared's answers in the hand histories at Poker Dynasty.net. The answers are simple to follow. The main message I'm getting is to think through on your actions, study hard on your game and play more hands. Better results will come when you start making better post-flop decisions.

I found my favorite radio station recently online from my hometown of Chicago and I'm loving it! The DJ's make their own playlists and you don't hear the same song played over and over. You won't hear the same playlist the next day either. It's a rock station, but there is a HUGE variety of music played. Go to link and click on Listen Live Now. Hope you like....
Good luck on the felt and may the good cards hit your hand..........

No comments: