February 26, 2009

The last few sessions have been pretty bad for me and I'm to blame for it. Today I felt like a total spew monkey. I'm value betting really thin in some river spots with nut no pair type hands where it's clear the villain isn't folding with 3rd pair. Consistently.
I'm not focusing at all and I can feel the tilt rising in me. At least I'm recognizing that and quitting well before disaster strikes so I have that as a consolation. Going to do some review in Hold Em Manager and start to fix this crap now. And maybe run a little bit tonight as punishment!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Post some hands. I don't know how it is with 6max but in full ring I check behind on the river almost always unimproved. When they are calling you down with pocket 22 they will call the river 100% of the time :)

Anonymous said...

wow your posting

I've been there too... It's a sick spot, but here's my rules for this.

We should check IP when we got a sd hand - not 3rd pair +, bu Ax, Kx unimproved - reason: we bet, he folds = we had the best hand, we bet he calls = we are in bad shape, we bet he raises = we are in super bad shape.
We should bet IP, when we got a valuebet, easier said than done IMO, cus what is their river calling range ?
We should bet IP, when we doens't have SD-value, and it's then as a bluff, like 98 on 672JA board..

but show some hands...

take care

Isac

John said...

Thanks for the advice, Isac. I need to remember that and post it on my screen somewhere. That's solid advice.

Speirs, I totally agree with your thinking here and need to heed your advice as well. I don't think the decision is different in 6-max or full ring.

Thanks to both of you.