March 19, 2007

6 Max session

Let me start by saying I have tried to play 6 max a few times and didn't really like playing that short, as the variance seems to be higher than I am comfortable with. But, having rakeback and a bonus to clear, it makes sense to get in a lot of hands as quickly as possible. My bonus will expire in about a week and a half. So, that being said I will learn as I go and hopefully won't put too much of a dent in my bankroll. I'm playing $25 NL.

My first session lasted for 1-1/2 hours. I played 260 hands on two tables and I ended up winning a buy in. On the surface that is a good result but I won the money by getting some out draws to go my way. I was dead in the second hand I was dealt by not playing correctly before the flop and it should've cost me. I know better than to min. raise in the BB with a big hand and hopefully this blog will keep me focused on playing the right way and fix the leaks in my game.
The villain in the hand had 2 low pair vs. my pocket over pair. I had a ton of hands data mined on him and he is a pretty wild player who plays a wide range of hands. Thankfully I hit my set on the river.

Interstingly, I found myself playing different styles on each table and had different results as well. On one table my stats were 16/11 and found that I didn't get action on my raises, and didn't win anything either. The other table my stats were 26/22 and found myself pretty much running over my opponents. It could've been really good table selection with the one table. Thanks to MO at pokerdyansty.net for the advice on that. It seems to have helped.