March 22, 2007

Mixed Results in 6 max

OK, this session was a short one. I played on two tables, and nothing much happened until I played like a donkey in one hand. I had AsJs on the button and made my standard raise. I get one caller from the big blind and the flop comes Jack, Six, deuce, all different suits. Great. I have top pair, top kicker and bet the pot after the BB checks. I don't think I played badly up to this point. The turn is a blank. BB check calls my pot bet again. I should have known I was beat right here, but instead of thinking my way through the hand I got bull-headed and decided, once the flop hit, I was getting all my money in. That's exactly what I did and was promptly shown a set of 6's.

Top pair hands are not the hand to put my whole stack in. EVER!!!!!!! I actually look for people at the tables who do this, because they are gold mines to play against, and here I go doing the same thing. I fully see why it is so important to pay attention during every hand at the table. I was on auto pilot and never once thought about what my opponent 's range of cards could be, so I deserved to lose that money. Stupid mistake and a big leak that will be plugged. I did manage to get half of the money back from the other table so if I can get rid of what I think are very basic leaks I will be on my way to the next level in no time. Wish me luck.

No comments: