May 3, 2007

My first hand Monday started good and ended badly for me.

FullTiltPoker Game #2322006372: Table Moradi (6 max) - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:51:53 ET - 2007/04/30
Seat 1: Tommygunn50 ($16.80)
Seat 2: HERO ($25)
Seat 3: Joeballz88 ($16.40)
Seat 4: younghoons ($21.55)
Seat 5: Gamebreaker3233 ($12.20)
Seat 6: chengnes ($25.75)
Tommygunn50 posts the small blind of $0.10
HERO posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [7s Kd]
Joeballz88 folds
younghoons calls $0.25
Gamebreaker3233 calls $0.25
chengnes folds
Tommygunn50 calls $0.15
HERO checks
*** FLOP *** [7h Kc Td]
Time to build the pot...
Tommygunn50 checks
HERO bets $1
younghoons folds
Gamebreaker3233 folds
Tommygunn50 raises to $2
HERO raises to $6
Tommygunn50 calls $4
I should've popped him more here. His call likely means he doesn't have a set. He's probably on a draw and needs to pay a high price to catch it.
*** TURN *** [7h Kc Td] [8d]
Tommygunn50 checks
Now I know he is weak
HERO bets $13
Tommygunn50 calls $10.55, and is all in
HERO shows [7s Kd]
Tommygunn50 shows [Qc Js] He has roughly a 16% chance to hit his straight here...
Uncalled bet of $2.45 returned to HERO
*** RIVER *** [7h Kc Td 8d] [As]
HERO shows two pair, Kings and Sevens
Tommygunn50 shows a straight, Ace high
Tommygunn50 wins the pot ($32.40) with a straight, Ace high

Well, that was fun. I think I did the right thing in this hand, although I do agree with the line of thinking at the Dynasty that my flop re-raise was very bad. In hind sight I gave the villain just enough pot odds to call for his straight draw. I really think he was calling regardless though. But that's why I post hands at the aforementioned site. Those players are extremely good at what they do, and their advice is invaluable.

30 hands later my QQ loses to KK and I'm down almost 2 buy ins. I did manage to win back half of my losses so the day wasn't too bad, all things considered.
I called down a short stack (24BB) with AK vs. his JJ and win the race when a lovely King spikes the flop. A few hands later I get it all in with JJ and see KK across the felt. Oops.... until a J hits the turn. Suckouts suck, but whatever. I've had my share go against me too.

There are still some situations that occur post flop that I will need some adjustment on my part, and I feel my game has improved a tiny bit. I'm really focusing on learning some more of the tendencies of the regulars and it's starting to show in my play. The journey is the best part of reaching your destination and I still have a ways to go before I consider myself a decent player. It is a fun road though.

Good luck on the felt and may the good cards hit your hand............

No comments: