May 24, 2007

The past week hasn't allowed a lot of time for poker. I worked the entire weekend and was busily getting the bedrooms ready for our new furniture which arrived on Monday. Vaughan Bassett forgot to rout the center rail all the way on my King bed and the hook in rail wouldn't set properly. I was seriously tilting because this particular bedroom set was recently discontinued and the delivery guys had just left.

So I did what anyone else would do when you're stuck. I McGiver'ed my way through it. I had to use my knife and hack through the wood until the hook was exposed enough to connect with the rest of the bed. It looks awesome with a low profile footboard and makes the room appear larger now.

I did get a tiny bit of play in (500 hands) and made 2 buy ins along the way. Things are becoming easier now with my added aggression. These guys just added a new video that is outstanding. You need to check out this site if you haven't already. If all goes well I'll get in some playing time tonight. Good luck onthe felt and may the good cards hit your hand......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

has there ever been a better MAN show then mcgyver? Seriously, I love mcgyvering anything and everything I can get away with.

John said...

Very true. Who would've thought that chewing gum could do the same job as a fillet weld from a TIG machine.....