May 2, 2007

So last Sunday I play for a little while my wife is at the pool and the daughter is down for a nap. I 2 tabled for an hour and got in 175 hands and made $34.00. Not a bad hourly rate, I must say. If only it could be sustained for an 8 hour day... It can if you know what you're doing. I'll get there some day. Here's a good hand/ situation that I recently started playing since reading and posting at Poker Dyansty.


FullTiltPoker Game #2316469397: Table Barbie (6 max) - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 17:29:22 ET - 2007/04/29

Seat 1: Kwoco ($26.30)
Seat 2: blocks ($54.25)
Seat 3: XherculesX ($11.40)
Seat 4: ImDaJuggernaut ($3.70)
Seat 5: HERO ($35.15)
Seat 6: RabbitCarrot ($17.70)
Kwoco posts the small blind of $0.10
blocks posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [5d 6d]
XherculesX folds
ImDaJuggernaut folds
HERO raises to $0.85
RabbitCarrot calls $0.85
Kwoco folds
blocks folds
*** FLOP *** [3s 6s 6h]
HERObets $2.05
RabbitCarrot calls $2.05
*** TURN *** [3s 6s 6h] [Ac]
HERO bets $6.15 I almost checked here to induce a bluff, but this villain is a maniac
RabbitCarrot raises to $14.80, and is all in
HERO calls $8.65
RabbitCarrot shows [Jc Ah]
HERO shows [5d 6d]
*** RIVER *** [3s 6s 6h Ac] [Jd]
RabbitCarrot shows two pair, Aces and Jacks
HERO shows three of a kind, Sixes

2 comments:

NeonBlack said...

Hands like this are where you can make a lot of money when you hit against aggressive players. Plus, it drives the table professors crazy when they see you raise with a hand like 5-6s. As long as you can fold when you don't hit, you'll be fine. I would advise against checking this turn, though. I just don't like giving free cards to anyone who might be drawing to a flush. Of course we both know the only reason you posted this hand is because you wanted me to see the three sixes :)

John said...

If it helps you sleep at night....

It's also a good idea to call a raise with these types of hands as well for the very same reason. I said I almost checked to induce a bluff, but I'm working on being more aggressive over all. This particular villain is a huge maniac and stacks off very light. TY for reading, NB