October 6, 2007

Another Macro Monday

IMG_0584+copy.jpg -(click on the thumbnail for a larger image)



I might make this a regular theme here on Mondays. The shots won't always be of flowers, but when you see them in a different way and I think that makes it really intersting. This shot is full frame with a tiny bit of editing done to get rid of a dead spot on the leaf towards the bottom. Patter metering made the red bloom stand out here, which turned out cooler than I thought. So, through fidgeting and just messing around with the controls I get a good shot. Maybe that can translate in my poker game?

As always I use Thickbox on my pictures here so you can click on the thumbnail for a lager image. Thanks again to Terry's Playpen for the tutorial.

1 comment:

david mcmahon said...

Mate,

VERY nice work all round on this one and yes, Terry's a legend.

Will publicise your Macro Monday quest.

By the way, since you and Epijunky asked about the shot I posted under `By Dawn's Early Light', I have posted the tech info now.

I might not be the most regular visitor for the next three or four weeks because I have to hand over my novel on 31 October - but I'm always just one click away if you need me.

Will always be here for you and other blog friends.

Keep smiling

David