June 12, 2008

Rack 'Em Up!

Well, it's that time of the year again. The Birmingham APA City Championships are this weekend and my team - Quit Talkin' Start Chalkin' - made it again. We start play on Saturday morning and if we're fortunate enough we'll play 3 more matches Sunday and go to the APA National Team Championship in Las Vegas for chance at the $25,000 prize . Over 85 teams will compete this year and if I'm not mistaken 5 go to Vegas (could be 4, not entirely certain). Hopefully we're one of those teams. I'll try to take some phots and write something about this tournament after it's all done. Here's a vid to get you in the mood from Johnny Lang. You'll see a photo of Minnesota Fats in here at the 1:44 mark and again at the 3:19 mark. Also, the Duchess of Doom is pictured at the 2:15 mark.

4 comments:

Akelamalu said...

I just read your interview on David's blog and the title of your blog made me LOL! It reminded me of something my Dad used to say

"Who dat up dere?"
"Who dat down dere saying who dat up dere?"

Loved your interview.

Mima said...

I'm also over here from David's, I know nothing about poker, but it sounds like a really interesting world! Good luck in your tournament!!

John said...

akelamula, That's sounds just like the song, Who Dat?, from Royal Crowne Review too! Thanks so much for the visit :)

John

John said...

Mima, Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find lots of interesting things here.

Funny thing about poker. I don't know much about it myself compared to some of the members I talk with at at www.pokerdynasty.net but I love playing and learning about it.

John