April 23, 2007

A 180 from last post

This session was horrible. I didn't play a lot of hands, as I was trying something different that was suggested to me by a respected pro player who runs this site. In this session whenever I raised pre-flop I would c-bet (pot sized raise) no matter the player or the cards on the board. I didn't get to raise much as I was severely cold decked the whole time. I don't mean getting an Ace with a low offsuit card in early position either. I mean 72, 83, 32 (about 15 times). There was a stretch - 40+ hands - where the best hand I saw was T5 offsuit. The hands I did catch didn't fare too well. When I raised I was immediately re-raised and had to release my mid pair hand, or Top Pair, Weak Kicker hands, as they don't play too well in that size pot. I felt increasingly frustrated and decided to quit after 200 hands down almost one buy in.

I can see the reasoning behind playing so aggressively post flop. It's the weakest part of my game, and the more I am consistent with raising the more my really good hands will be disguised. In the long run I'll get paid off more when they come so I have to look forward to that. Good luck on the felt....................

No comments: